Friday, May 22, 2009

Tick Tock


Only a couple weeks left and time is still flying by at 100mph. I blink and 8 months have passed. I'm trying to make the most of the time left by hanging out more but I realize the more I get to know people, the tougher it will be to say goodbye. I hate saying goodbye, it sounds so final. Does it really have to be a goodbye? Why can't it be a "see you sometime later in life!"

Am I just being too unrealistic by thinking it's actually possible to maintain long distance friendships with people half way across the country/world? I have friends back in the States that I lose contact with and they live right down the street from me! It's sad but it happens. We all get caught up in our own lives, and before you know it you start to drift apart from each other, eventually becoming complete strangers. Sure Facebook will say you're still friends, but you know the truth O_O!

Life takes us in all different directions but I'll be a childish optimist and trust that our paths will cross again, it has to! I want to believe there's more to this life than just random occurances in time and space and that we're somehow connected. Because if we are connected then we can ultimately follow the threads back to one another. It's just too sad to think otherwise.

2 comments:

ZoeAlice said...

I feel the exact same way! I absolutely HATE saying goodbye. I went to the same school for ten year up till eighth grade and it was so sad saying goodbye to them, especially one student who was moving back to England. I hate losing with people but I'm so bad at keeping in touch. What you said about facebook was so true too! I totally agree with everything you said in this post.

Diana said...

hehe, I'm glad you agree! Its always tough and doesn't seem to get any easier. I have to say my goodbyes in 20 days and I'm totally dreading it! :)