Thursday, April 23, 2009

弓道クラブに入った

Joined Kyudo Club (Japanese Archery) 2 weeks ago and I totally love it! It's the first time I've ever really participated in a school sport. The people there have been super kind and helpful to us. I would highly suggest all future study abroad students to join a club or circle because it's a great place to practice your Japanese and meet awesome people. I regret not joining sooner, especially during the Fall Semester.

Kyudo is really fun and I want to be able to get good enough to practice on the shooting range before I return home. Right now we are on bows, we've moved up from the "stick and string". It's a little challenging because though the bow itself isn't heavy the force of the draw string is and you must maintain absolutely perfect form in the process. Everything has to be まっすぐ!まっすぐ!(straight) that word has become permantly etched into my brain now.

I have a feeling I'm going to have giant beefy arms by the end of this semester from practicing Kyudo. Maybe that will help even out the proportions of my thunderous thighs... my Thighs of Thor!

2 comments:

Eikichi_Onizuka said...

I'm surprised you're able to eat enough protein to build muscle. Keep at it and you can join the 女子プロレス circuit.

Diana said...

Gotta chomp down the chicken, natto, and eggs!