Monday, April 13, 2009

Stranger Danger!

A couple days ago I was doing some grocery shopping and all of a sudden this guy looks at me, then does a double take and then proceeds to profess his love for me. Dead serious. I look at him confused and started looking around for hidden cameras thinking this must be a joke. I never expected Japanese guys to be so straightforward.

Is this normal? Back in the States random strangers never came up to me and professed their undying love. It is flattering and creepy at the same time, it would've been a little less creepy had he not suggested to go to an onsen together.

Long awkward story short, we exchanged numbers and will probably go get dinner next Sunday.

I'm not good at saying no! What's the harm, right? right!? It'll be a good chance to practice my conversational Japanese.

I hope I don't end up at the bottom of Oita River... haha.. hah..

I forgot to mention that this all happened in the alcohol section. Curse that delicious green tea sake!

No comments: