Wednesday, October 29, 2008

And God said "Let there be rice!"

Blasphemous I know but after a month of having to manually cook rice, I was so happy to finally get a rice cooker. The rice I made was either too soggy, or not fully cooked, it was a very time consuming process. I definitely recommend rice lovers studying abroad to invest in a rice cooker. Good thing Tuan found a recycling shop that sells refurbished cookers, it works great and at a fair price too! When I took the cooker out of the box, I hugged it for awhile and.. well I won't disclose any of the other more intimate details between me and my rice cooker. No, really. When I heard the beep~beep~beep signaling that the rice was done cooking it felt like Christmas morning.

Today I took some folks to the Violently Cheap store. This store is so violently cheap that I saw the price tag leap out and punch an old lady in the face, now that's the kind of bargain prices I want. It's actually one of the cheapest stores I've seen. 10kg of rice for $23.50, and 2liters of Aquarious for $1.37, compared to $1.79 at other stores.

ah on a random note, Japanese cows are delicious. They're like walking slabs of melt-in-your-mouth butter. *drool* but it is a bit pricey. So most of what I can afford is veggies, fruits, and chicken or fish and eggs. A healthier diet is always a plus, and biking everywhere has done great things for my thunderous thighs.

It's starting to get cold here in Oita, yay winter clothes!