Saturday, October 11, 2008

Learning to Ride Again

The last time I remember riding a bike was in Elementary school and it was the kind of bike that you had to pedal backwards in order to stop. So I assumed it would be easy to just get on and ride a bike again without any practice. Geez was I wrong, I was so scared to get on the bike again! So I wanted to practice riding it around before I took it on the road with the cars but I didn't want to ride in the day time when people could see me being goofy, so I did it in the dark of night by the river! (by the way this is completely random but Oita has a lot of bats! at first I thought they were birds, but the way they were flying, I realized they were tiny bats.)

anyways I walked the bike down to the river, embarrassing I know. But once I got to the river I felt like a kid learning to ride a bike all over again. It was just so indescribably fun and freeing to ride alongside the river at sunset. When it's not raining, the weather feels fantastic! the cooling breeze blowing through my hair, it was incredibly enjoyable. Even after the sunset I kept riding back and forth along the river. I would've stayed longer had I known the bike had a light on it.. hehe... I'm a dork.

I love it here.

No comments: