Sunday, October 5, 2008

Rainy day

On Friday after school orientation, my tutors were kind enough to take some of us to karaoke, it was fun. It cost about $10 for karaoke till 6am and unlimited refills of drinks. People were falling asleep way before that, so we called a cab and went home.

I was finally able to check out the river yesterday and it's really nice, there's a paved road for joggers/bikers. I walked about 40 minutes in one direction only to realize I wouldn't be able to make it back in time before sunset. opps! Oh well it was still a really enjoyable refreshing walk.

The other day while at school I noticed that crickets in Japan sound noticeably different than crickets in America. I was walking past a bush at school when I heard what sounded like a bell tingling in the wind. They're actually called suzumushi which roughly translates to sleigh bell bug. They sound soooo pretty at night. I can't wait till Summer when the lightning bugs come out!

So today was a rainy day, which was fine with me, I wanted to check out the river again and walk in the other direction, but I suppose that can wait till another day. I didn't get much done, just straightened up some things in my room and made breakfast. I mainly read manga, but don't ask me which ones because I won't ever tell you.

About to do homework and study Japanese

No comments: