Monday, October 13, 2008

Darkness is Coming!

Ok so today around 5pm I decided to take a lovely bike ride along the river again. The weather was fabulous and the atmosphere brought on by the setting sun made everything feel just right. So I rode a couple miles down the river when I realized that it was getting pretty dark even though it was not yet 6pm, but I wanted to ride a bit further to get a better shot of the mountain so I kept on going. Before I knew it, the sun had set, and I was far far away from the dorm. So I turned on the bike light and proceeded to turn back when my legs started to stiffen up. Yea at this moment it was kind of like an "oh crap" switch turned on in my head. I was miles away and too tired to get back in time before total darkness sets in. It was a pretty painful ride back (my head felt like it was burning!), but still a really fun experience. It reminded me of that part in the movie Silent Hill when the siren sounds for people to get inside the church before things get dark and the scary monsters comes out. Not the most comforting thought when biking through the dark.

I finally made it back to the dorm around 7ish, limping of course, yatta! The walk up the 3 flights of stairs to my room were killing me though. I'll definitely have to remember to plan out the bike rides a bit better, so I'm not stuck out in the dark frantically pedaling to get home.

I need a lot of practice with biking. I still walk the bike to the river before getting on. This week I plan to attach the gorilla pod and camera to the bike and record my awesomely horrible riding skills.

No comments: