Thursday, October 2, 2008

September 28th!

This post is a bit late but I guess I’ll post it anyway and start updating regularly again

So I woke up at 6:45am, isn’t that currrazy!?
Ah its raining.. and I’m in Japan.. watching it rain.. you think rain would be a downer but I love the rain, and it’s great to be able to open the door and let the breeze blow in while listening to the rain hit the roof tops. So awesome! So yesterday was uber fun. Tuan and them invited me to come along to the izakaiya and wow, what an experience! It was really cool meeting the other American/UNCC students, Michael, Danielle, and Geoff. It’s comforting to know there’s others going through similar experiences as you. Anyways back to the izukaiya thing, it’s like a Japanese bar. Our bartender was also the shop keeper, and he’s pretty awesome, his name is Mr. Kimura and the guy does magic tricks!! Dude that just blew my mind away, I’ve never seen those slight of hand magic tricks close up, but it’s so trippy! Really friendly guy and the other patron was nice as well too. We were there for a good bit, and then Mr. Kimura and the bar patron (Mr. Hentai?) suggested karaoke, and luckily Mr.Kimura’s wife owns a karaoke shop nearby so we went there. First time doing the Japanese karaoke thing, it’s so much fun once you get to a comfortable level of drunkeness. Speaking of drunkeness… the way your drinks are constantly refilled before you finish it… oh man that’s a recipe for liver disaster and party fouls waiting to happen. You can’t keep count of how much you’ve been drinking and you’re most likely constantly staring at a glass filled to the top and it feels rude or strange to not drink and let the beer get warm, so.. I feel the need to keep drinking/sipping. Awesome nontheless, the beer has a really strong after taste and I think I’m way too lightweight to take on the soju(sp?) it’s strong stuff. No chasers either! Ack. We were there until 1am when the karaoke place closed, and they gave us these tangerines? Awesome stuff. Oh and we got lost finding our way back to the International dorms.

Today (Sept 28th) I didn’t get much done, I attempted to cook earlier this morning but didn’t have food so I went to the market to get some eggs and ramen and drinks and went home to cook it. But I didn’t know how to work the gas stove.. so I went back to the store to get a torch igniter thingie and bought some pre-made sushi rolls in the highly likely event I would be too incompetent to work the gas stove. Luckily I bought food because indeed I did not know how to turn it on even with the igniter. Bleh! So I finished unpacking and cleaning up the room a bit more, and then Tuan messaged me and helped me work the stove haha, yokatta! So yea I was finally able to cook some fooooood. Hm I need to buy a rice cooker, and perhaps a microwave, and a whole list of other stuff. Sigh but it’s raining and I forgot to buy an umbrella haaaah… daijoubu! Genki desu, like I said earlier, it’s really chill to check out the rain and listen to some music.

No comments: